Sometimes, making a change for the better can be hard, especially when it comes to climbing the career ladder; taking a leap of faith and trying something new or pushing yourself to achieve your dreams can be scary. After all, what if it all goes wrong...? But, perhaps you should be asking yourself; what if it all goes right? So, if you're an aspiring and experienced support worker or domiciliary carer looking to step up into management, apply to become our newest Assistant Locality Manager today, and we can support you in leaving your comfort zone behind so that you can make a better life for yourself - whilst having a positive and meaningful impact in the lives of people with learning disabilities and/or autism in your local community.
The Role - Assistant Locality Manager
At Dimensions, we believe that anything is possible, and with us, there are no glass ceilings. To ensure that every one of our aspiring and passionate colleagues gets to where they want to be professionally, we provide them with the on-going, fully-funded training and mentoring support required so that they gain a job they love and are proud of, and hopefully, this will include you!
As an integral member of our management team, you'll support your Locality Manager to ensure that our pioneering, award-winning organisation continues to put the people we support in/around Bath at the centre of everything we do, as well as supporting and inspiring your new team to excel and reach their full potential.
Whilst the role does have people management responsibilities and administration duties, your primary accountability will be to provide hands-on assistance to the people we support living in the area - which includes respectfully providing personal care, prompting, and mobility assistance if/when required. All delegated management tasks must therefore be performed during off-rota hours (approx. 15 hours per week - of which you will receive extra remuneration on top of your annual salary).
The total annual salary for this full-time role is therefore made up of a basic salary of £24,637.57plus an additional allowance (£1,847.82) for 15 hours off-rota.
Please note that being a driver with your own transport is an essential requirement of the role as you will be expected to travel between the homes you co-manage in/around Bath.
Hands-on Support Duties
- Encourage and empower the people we support so that they may live their best lives - the lives that they choose. You'll achieve this by being actively - and enthusiastically - engaged in every aspect of their daily lives whilst inspiring them to achieve their dreams and to live a rich and fulfilling life
- Respectfully provide personal care, prompting, and mobility assistance to the people we support
- Help prepare meals, PEG tubes and assist with feeding
- Administer medication
- Safeguard the people we support whilst ensuring they are comfortable, happy and in a hygienically clean environment
People Management Duties
- Design and develop rotas to meet the needs - and wishes - of the people we support whilst offering a great work-life balance to your team
- Promote and maintain positive and productive relationships with all stakeholders
- Assist with recruitment and the onboarding and training of new colleagues
- Monitor and manage your team's performance, conduct 1:1s, etc.
- Act as an exemplary role model to your team and provide them with meaningful coaching and mentoring sessions
- Attend and be engaged in team meetings - be a voice for those who cannot attend
- Write up and maintain logs, observations, risk assessments and internal communications, etc.
- Maintain financial records
- Assist with ensuring that Dimensions remain fully compliant (i.e. Health and Safety, GDPR, etc.)
What you'll bring to the role
- Knowledge - a thorough background in providing support to adults with learning disabilities and/or autism
- Sincerity - a genuine interest in - and a passion for - providing support
- Ambition - you're keen to continue with your professional and personal development
- Professionalism - you always act with courage, respect, and integrity. You demonstrate an ability to stay calm and work well under pressure
- Partnership - you have excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal talents, and have an ability to work well within a close-knit team
- Leadership - you always lead by example, you care about your colleagues, and you genuinely enjoy inspiring and supporting others to excel and lead a rich, fulfilling life
For further information about the role, the hours/shifts available, and the people we support, please contact Sandra Lord on email@example.com
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Generous pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme ‘Inspiring People’
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life assurance
- Bike To Work scheme
- Season ticket loans
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
Apply now or share this vacancy with someone you know would make a great Assistant Locality Manager!
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.