If you're an aspiring, passionate, and experienced support worker, domiciliary carer or shared lives care worker who's wanting more from the role you're currently in - and more from your employer! - then why not apply to become our newest Assistant Locality Manager based in Cardiff? This is the perfect chance not just for the career progression you've long been waiting for, but by taking the leap and joining us, you'd be working with an award-winning, not-for-profit adult care organisation whose exceptional levels of care and support not only extend to the people who've welcomed us into their homes, but to you too. Genuinely, with us, the sky's the limit for personal and professional growth, plus, you'll enjoy a more meaningful and fulfilling role with great work flexibility and generous colleague benefits.
What you'll do as an Assistant Locality Manager in Cardiff
As an integral part of our Cardiff management team, you'll support your Locality Manager in ensuring that your wonderful colleagues continue to put the people we support at the centre of everything we do by championing their rights and choices with dignity, respect and diversity. You'll also encourage and mentor your colleagues to help them unlock and achieve their full potential.
It's important to note that the primary responsibility of an Assistant Locality Manager is to provide hands-on assistance to the people we support, so your delegated management tasks must be performed during your off-rota hours (15 hours per week). Please also note that being a driver with your own transport is an essential requirement of this role as you will be expected to travel between the homes you co-manage around Cardiff.
The total annual salary for the role is currently made up of a basic salary of £23,229.71 plus an additional annual allowance of 15hrs off rota which equates to £24,971.94.
Hands-on Support Duties
- Encourage and empower the people we support so that they may live their best lives - the lives that they choose. You'll achieve this by being actively - and enthusiastically - involved in every aspect of their daily lives whilst inspiring them to achieve their dreams and to live a rich and fulfilling life.
- Respectfully provide intimate personal care, prompting, and mobility assistance to the people we support if/when required.
- Administer medication and PEG tubes if/when required.
- Courageously safeguard the people we support to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
People Management Duties
- Design and develop rotas to meet the needs - and wishes - of the people we support whilst offering a great work-life balance to your team
- Promote and maintain positive and productive relationships with all your stakeholders
- Assist with recruitment and the onboarding and training of new colleagues
- Monitor and manage your team's performances
- Act as an exemplary role model to your team and provide them with meaningful coaching and mentoring sessions
- Attend and be engaged in team meetings - be a voice for those at meetings who cannot attend
- Write and maintain logs (i.e., risk assessments, appraisals, financial records, etc.) and internal communications
- Assist with ensuring that Dimensions are fully compliant (i.e., Health and Safety, GDPR, etc.)
What you'll bring to the role
- Knowledge - a thorough background in providing support to adults with learning disabilities and/or autism
- Sincerity - a genuine interest in - and a passion - for providing said support
- Ambition - you're keen to continue with your personal and professional development
- Professionalism - you always act with courage, respect and integrity. You demonstrate an ability to stay calm and work well under pressure
- Positivity - you boast an upbeat attitude; you demonstrate resilience, and champion compassion, empathy, and patience
- Partnership - you have excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal talents and have an ability to work well within a close-knit team
- Leadership - you always lead by example; you care about your colleagues and coaching and mentoring others comes naturally to you; you genuinely enjoy supporting others to excel; achieve their ambitions and reach their full potential
For more information about the role including available shifts/hours please contact Mudiwa Chikukwa on email@example.com.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.