Female Support Worker - Waking nights
Location - Weymouth
Hourly rate - £9.27 per hour
Hours - Waking nights and Part time
Female Waking Nights and Part time Support Workers required for 2 sisters in their new home in Weymouth. These ladies have differing interests and hobbies ranging from sailing and swimming to meeting friends and going to the cinema.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Checking at regular intervals throughout the night
- Provide personal care as required
- Provide physical support and emotional reassurance
- Support and record the administering of medication
- Conduct housework, including cleaning, and laundry and any additional duties as required.
- Use of a hoist and pushing a wheelchair.
- Keep written records using IT systems, including support plans, incident logs and health and safety records.
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisations supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Please call Kirsty to discuss further on 07715634291.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Other organisations may call this role Community Support Worker, Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Care Worker, Social Care Assistant or, Bank HCA, Healthcare Assistant or Carer.
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate. Alongside our excellent training & qualifications programme, we also offer:
- Training time paid for
- Close-knit supportive team with excellent internal communication and regular team meetings
- Wellness programme
- No uniform and work in one location that helps you build meaningful working relationships
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Work place pension
- Access to award winning Aspire career development programme
- Employee recognition awards
- Upto 35 days annual leave
- Monthly pay on a set date
- Paid shadow shifts
- Free monthly review, appraisals and feedback
- £200 refer a friend reward
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.