Working in adult social care, you will make a real difference to people's lives every day. We have everything you need to introduce you to the sector. So, if you're the sort of person who treats others with respect, listens to their needs, understands their emotions, and is warm, kind, and honest, then adult social care could be the career for you.
- Part Time Support Worker
- £11.00 per hour
- Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk (IP33)
- 30 hours per week (Days with a shift pattern of earlies, lates, long days)
We’re Dimensions, a not-for-profit charitable registered society and housing association that supports people with learning disabilities, autism, and complex needs. Our main priority for this job role is to find people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own!
We are recruiting a part time Support Worker to support one female and nine males across ten supported living flats in the Bury St Edmunds area. The successful applicant must be willing to work across homes when required. Working within this team, you will be changing the style of support from 'caring for' to 'working with', it promotes independence and supports people to take an active part in their own lives.
Your responsibilities as a Support Worker:
- To provide high quality support to adults with varying learning disabilities, autism, and mental health.
- Supporting people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose.
- Supporting people with their medication.
- You will help the people we support to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping, encouraging, supporting, and teaching the people we support to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting, encouraging, and teaching people to maintain personal and intimate care as required.
Dimensions are enthusiastic about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate. You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to collaborate with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
Be prepared to work flexibly. This could include working days with a shift pattern of earlies, lates, long days and alternative weekends. This will be discussed with you during the interview process.
Join us and in return we can offer:
- Free DBS check
- Advance: access to some of your earned pay ahead of your regular payday
- Free financial education: access to a range of tips, videos and tools for budgeting and saving.
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme
- Access to the Blue Light Card (lots of discounts available)
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days.
- £500 bonus for recommending a friend to work for us if they are employed.
- Paid training with financial bonuses for completion of awards and diplomas.
- We will pay for and support you to complete the Care Certificate, a requirement for people working in the health and social care sector.
- Discounts and cashback on shopping and days out with our colleague benefits scheme
- Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.
- "Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce.
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training, and career development of disabled employees.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all our recruitment communications.