Dimensions have a fantastic opportunity for a Female Support Worker to join our team in Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire.
- Female Support Worker
- Full time, Part time and Relief contracts available
- £11.03 per hour / earn up to £27,687.54.
- Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire.
- Shifts- 7.30am-3.00pm, 2:30pm-10:00pm and alternative weekends.
30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), company benefits, full paid training, excellent rates of pay, pensions, including a money purchase scheme and a generous sick pay scheme.
It is an exciting time to join Dimensions UK as we recruit into our support team in Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire. This home is located just 6 miles from Luton town centre and 2 miles from Dunstable centre. The successful applicant will be working in one supported living home, on a permanent basis.
As a member of our support team, you will be supporting one woman to increase her independent living skills. The focus of the support is to enable this woman to live a full and happy life, to run her own home and to take part in a range of activities in the community. This woman already enjoys knitting, arts and crafts, building and making things, gardening, cooking and going to the local town but we would like our Support workers to bring creativity and innovative ideas into our teams.
Every day will be different, and rewarding, as you encourage and empower her to be actively engaged in every aspect of her daily life – this will include developing daily living skills, administering medication, meal planning, and encouraging with maintaining her personal and intimate care. You will also provide the physical and emotional support that someone might need to achieve their goals.
Do you have what it takes to be a Support Worker?
- You’re committed to our values and the continuous improvement of our services.
- You’re compassionate, empathic, and respectful - able to listen to the people we support and demonstrate an understanding of what they are communicating.
- You can communicate clearly and sensitively when talking to people and their families.
- You understand and demonstrate the value and need to ensure people are treated fairly and with respect.
- You’re able to work flexibly and to respond effectively to changes in workload and the needs of the people we support.
- You’re able to work as part of a team.
It’s essential that you have basic computer literacy, can complete e-learning, and can deal with Word documents and forms using a computer. We want you to develop professionally as a support worker. This means that you are expected to get involved and contribute to meetings, work towards gaining qualifications about your work, attend training courses and be willing to learn new things and ways of working.
Our benefits can be worth up to £1,220 per year.
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days.
- 10% enhancement for working overtime.
- We’ll pay for and support you to complete the Care Certificate, a requirement for people working in the health and social care sector.
- Salary advance scheme: access to some of your earned pay ahead of your regular payday
- Discounts on shopping and days out.
- Blue light card
- Free DBS
- £500 bonus for introducing a friend to us, if we employ them.
- Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- ?"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce.
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.