Female Support Worker
Location: Redditch (B97) - 10 min walk from Kingfisher Shopping Centre
Pay rate: £11 per hour + £45 per sleep in
Full time role: 37.5hrs a week
A valid driving licence, your own car, and business insurance are a requirement for this role.
Are you looking for the role that is personally fulfilling, and professionally rewarding? Dimensions is a values-based employer and whether you are new to support work, or have supported people previously, we want to hear from you!
At Dimensions, we believe it is who you are as a person – and the difference you can bring to lives of the people you will be supporting – that is more important than experience. You will be working as a part of a team supporting fourteen adults in their own flats with shared communal areas. While some of them are social butterflies and love going out, others choose to stay in and play computer games or watch movies.
We will provide you with full induction and fully paid training when you join us. In addition to regular 1-2-1s and annual appraisals, we will help you develop and progress your career. Worried about monthly pay? We got it covered - we offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you've earned before payday.
Shifts: 7.30am - 3pm / 2pm - 10pm / sleep in (required two sleep ins a week). We’re looking for people with flexibility to work on a rota basis that includes a combination of weekdays and weekends.
What will the role involve?
- Going out for day trips and stopping for a meal at the end
- Visiting day centres and meeting with friends & family
- Patiently explaining and supporting to gain life skills
- Supporting with college assignments or volunteering roles
- Prompting to tidy up the flat and rolling up your sleeves to support with the housework
- Discussing weekly money spends and helping to stay within the budget
- Helping to pack the suitcase and accompanying to enjoy some sunshine or walk on the beach
Why to choose Dimensions?
- We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce
- Dimensions is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Dimensions are Disability Confident Committed, and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150
- Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.