Female Support Worker - Weymouth
Part-Time (up to 22.5 hours per week)
£12.65 per hour
UK/EU Driving License essential
Would you like to be part of a close-knit team to support an upbeat young lady who is thrill seeking and fun loving? Dimensions is seeking Female Support Workers to do just that in Weymouth!
Working with a complex and affectionate lady in her early twenties, who recently moved into her new home, Female Support Workers will empower this lady’s independence and ensure she lives life to the full in the ways that she wants to. This young lady would be keen to meet Female Support Workers who are going to enjoy getting involved with activities including:
- Visiting local fun attractions like Alexandra Gardens and going on rides
- Taking walks to explore the local area, and sometimes those further afield.
- Using a national trust pass to visit beautiful locations.
- Picnics and meeting up with friends at local groups.
- Local hydrotherapy sessions weekly.
- Rebounding therapy.
- Chill time with sensory stories or pamper sessions at home.
- Music – listening to music and playing percussion instruments.
This young lady would like you to know that she uses an iPad to communicate with you but that she can understand what you are saying to her, and she loves a chat. She is happy to meet part-time Female Support Workers (up to 22.5 hours per week).
This young lady’s car is integral to her support so it is essential Female Support Workers hold a full UK/EU Driving License (you do not need to have access to your own vehicle, but should have experience with or willing to drive an automatic car).
This lady would prefer to meet Female Support Workers who are non-smokers.
There are various shift patters available the earliest shifts start at 10am and the latest shifts end at 10pm. There would also be a requirement for one sleep-in shift per week. Dimensions are happy to offer a payrate of £12.65 an hour for this role (sleep-in shifts are paid at an allowance of £45 per shift). We also require Female Support Workers to be able to work alternate weekends.
Female Support Workers may also have to assist with finances, meal preparation and personal care, general support around the home and garden.
Benefits for Female Support Workers choosing to work with Dimensions include:
- We offer 30 days annual leave pro rata with the option to buy and sell leave
- If you refer a friend to us and if they’re successfully employed, you’ll receive a £200 bonus
- We offer paid training and options to further develop your career through funded accredited courses
- Bike to Work scheme and discounts on meals, shopping, entertainment, gym membership and mobile phone tariffs
- We’re a values-driven organisation that puts people with learning disabilities and their families at the heart of everything we do
- We care about our colleagues and are passionate about our comprehensive well-being strategy and staff listening network
- Dimensions are proud to be one of very few social care organisations that have been recognised by the Great Places to Work programme 2019-2023
Other important information:
- Applications are reviewed upon receipt and interviews will take place until the positions are filled
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from everyone with the right to work in the UK and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150 if you require adjustments
- British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos are available for all of our recruitment communications
- Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010