Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme in 2023 – now 5 years in a row!
Dimensions is one of the largest social care companies in the UK/Wales and is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work programme.
The role benefits from being home based but regular travel will be required to cover Cambridgeshire, Essex, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and London. Occasional travel to other parts of the country will be required.
We estimate 2 days a week travelling and 3 days working from home.
The purpose of the role is to promote continuous improvement of the health and safety practice and culture across Dimensions. This will include advising and providing information to managers, carrying out risk assessments and investigations, and ensuring a programme of safety audits is maintained.
Interviews will take place on the 21st December via Microsoft teams.
About the role
Your main duties will include:
- To support managers in developing health and safety plans to ensure the effective management and good practice in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working and living environment.
- To advise on the management of accidents and incidents in accordance with RIDDOR and other regulations and to provide support in the investigation of accidents and incidents and insurance claims where appropriate.
- To ensure that a programme of safety audits and inspections, including fire risk assessments, is maintained.
- To respond to requests for assistance, advice and information on health and safety related matters, referring to appropriate internal and external resources.
The successful applicant will have:
- 2 years experience in a Health & Safety role
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of conducting safety audits and inspections
- Knowledge of developing health and safety plans
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations relevant to Dimensions’ services
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- We offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you've earned before payday.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- We are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.