Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme for 2019, 2020 and 2021.
As one of the country’s largest not-for-profits, we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes. We couldn’t achieve this without a wide range of business support functions, either based within our central services teams or within regional teams.
It all starts with you!
We are currently seeking to appoint an exceptional HR Officer to provide expert support and advice to operational management in all areas of HR whilst consistently demonstrating HR best practice. The appointed candidate will be the initial point of contact for Operational Directors and Locality Managers and will proactively assist with the development and achievement of the team and the Organisational outcomes on any Dimensions strategy. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about HR and making a difference.
The role will be Home Based with requirement for occasional travel across the West Region to include Birmingham, Worcester & Shropshire, Bristol and Bath. The successful candidate will need to live in the Region.
Although the role is advertised as full-time, we are happy to consider two part-time candidates.
Interviews will take place on the 28th & 29th October via Microsoft teams.
About the role
Your main duties will include:
- Providing expert advice and guidance on HR Policies and procedures, employment law and employee relations issues with the guidance of the HR Business partner as required.
- Advising and supporting Managers with disciplinary, grievance, absence management, and performance improvement cases.
- Contribute to the development and execution of health and wellbeing initiatives in line with Dimensions Wellbeing strategy.
- Ensure the provision of appropriate, timely and accurate management information to support strategy development, management decision making and improve the effectiveness of HR Services as and when required.
- Participating in HR and company-wide projects as and when required.
The successful applicant will have:
- Operational HR experience supporting managers in all aspects of HR.
- Sound knowledge of current employment legislation and ability to translate this into the workplace.
- Experience in developing metrics and reports with data analysis ability.
- High level of flexibility and positive attitude to innovation and change.
- Able to demonstrate meeting targets and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence.
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Bike to work scheme
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover and many more
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.