If you're looking for a role that's both meaningful and rewarding; if you're looking to work with a not-for-profit organisation that has been accredited with being one of the UK's "Greatest Places to Work", and if you're after a life-changing career that offers flexibility, comprehensive training, and continual support to help you achieve your goals and reach your full potential, then look no further than our support worker role based in the citycentre Stafford.
Here at Dimensions, we are looking for male support worker to join us at our supported living home where you will enhance the quality of life of one young man who lives there by empowering his independence. Dimensions support workers do not need prior experience in Health or Social Care as full training is given.
As a support worker no two days are the same as we encourage the people we support, to live the most independent life they can and help them make informed choices. If you are enthusiastic, fun loving and passionate about helping people live more independently then we can provide you the training required to have a fulfilling career in support work.
The role is working 32hrs a week (including one sleep in) and shift patterns will be discussed at the interview.
What will I be doing?
- Empowering and encouraging people we support so that they may live their best lives - the lives that they choose. You'll achieve this by being actively - and enthusiastically - involved with every aspect of their daily lives (i.e., supporting them with shopping, accompanying them to appointments and on trips, motivating them to take up new hobbies and achieve their dreams, helping with housework, supporting with personal care & manual handling and etc.)
- Keeping written records and using IT systems to record daily notes
- Using your own initiative and ability to work independently
- Maintaining relationships with family and friends
- Lone working and 1:1 support
What Benefits are available?
- A competitive payrate of £9.60 per hour
- up to 35 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Life Assurance and Company Pension
- Refer a friend bonus of £200
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We know that you make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their loved ones.
- We believe that everyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter their background, which is why we primarily recruit based on values, not just skills or experience. So, whether you've worked in health and social care before and are looking for more fulfilment from the work you genuinely enjoy or if you're searching for a change in careers then we'd love to hear from you.
- Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled
- "Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."