Male Support Worker
Location: Woodley (RG5)
Pay rate: £10.90 per hour + £45 per sleep in
Full time (37.5hrs)
If you're looking to be a part of an award-winning, life-changing, not-for-profit charity - where you can make a profound and real difference to the lives of those living with learning disabilities and autism, then look no further than becoming one of our newest support workers.
We currently support 2 gentlemen in their 50’s & 60’s, and a new resident in his 30’s joining the household soon. This is a very active home and the people we support are very social. They love getting out to the day centre, bike riding, to conventions, and going to the disco on a Friday. One of our residents loves going to live games and watching football at the pub when not at a live match. The support needs of the 3 gentlemen range from prompting for personal care to our newest resident needing full support with this. The 2 gentlemen we already support receive shared support, and once our new gentleman moves in, he will share this support but also have his own additional 1:1 support hours.
As a valued support worker, you will be proactively empowering and encouraging people to live as independently as possible; helping them to achieve goals, support in hobbies and try/experience new things, whilst helping to accomplish the smallest of daily tasks. You will be also building the trustworthy relationships and supporting to achieve their goals - education, volunteering job roles or healthy lifestyle and supporting with life skills and domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, food shopping and laundry. We are looking for ambitious individuals of a caring nature to work for an award winning company where we promote independence in a supportive environment.
It is essential you hold a full manual UK or EU driving licence for this role (as our new gentleman we will be supporting has his own Mobility Vehicle that his support workers need to drive for him – to be able to drive a Mobility Vehicle you need to have a full UK or EU licence).
Monday & Tuesday- 7am-10pm + sleep in, Wed/Thurs /Fri 3pm--10pm + sleep in, Sat/Sun 8am - 10pm + sleep in
1:1 hours – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, & Sunday 8am-3pm, Thursday & Friday 7am-10pm
Do you share our values?
Ambition - helping people to be the best they can be
Courage – being brave enough to make a difference
Integrity – being honest and fair in all the things we do
Partnership – working with other people to make a bigger difference
Respect – treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important
If the answer is YES, we would love you to come and join us in supporting three young adults. We will provide you with full induction and fully paid training when you join us. In addition to regular 1-2-1s and annual appraisals, we will help you develop and progress your career. Worried about monthly pay? We got it covered - we offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you've earned before payday.
Why to choose Dimensions?
- We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce
- Dimensions is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Dimensions are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150
- Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme 2022
- Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010