Waking Night Support Worker
Part time/ 36 hours per week
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Why join us?
- 30 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays) and if that wasn’t enough we increase it by a day a year
- All work and no play is not fun, You can save with discounts off your favourite shops, restaurants and great days out
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Dimensions is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021.
Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Waking Night Support Workers in Bury St Edmund's and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
You would work as part of Waking Night team to support a woman in her 20's. Your key responsibilities include:
- Checking at regular intervals throughout the night to ensure she is comfortable.
- Provide personal care as.
- Provide physical support and emotional reassurance when people are wakeful.
- Support and record the administering of medication
- Conduct housework, including cleaning, and laundry and any additional duties as required.
- Taking the person we support to day centres in the morning
- Use of a hoist and pushing a wheelchair.
- Keep written records using IT systems, including support plans, incident logs and health and safety records.
You’ll be part of a team that works flexibly on a rota. Shift patterns will 10pm-10:15am including alternative weekends.
“Other organisations may call this role Community Support Worker, Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Care Worker, Social Care Assistant or, Bank HCA, Healthcare Assistant or Carer.”
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.