Start your social care career with Dimensions by joining our ambitious team!
- Support Worker - Permanent- Waking Nights- 20 hours per week.
- Willingham, Cambridgeshire
- £12.32 per hour
If you want to work for a dynamic, forward -thinking, leading social care and housing association that supports people with learning disabilities, autism, and complex needs, then apply now!
We are looking for hands-on, confident, engaging Support Workers to join our support team in Willingham, Cambridgeshire. This opportunity is to provide waking night support to four women and one gentleman with learning disability, epilepsy, and complex needs in a calm and reassuring manner, should they need you throughout the night.
This is a role where you must be willing to go above and beyond. You will play a key role in providing tailored support to all. As part of this role, you would be required to work within a dedicated night support team, ensuring the appropriate support is given in line with risk assessments and support plans whilst also carrying out a few critical allocated tasks, such as:
- Using your skills (further developed with our support and training), you will assist with the support of five people throughout the night.
- General housekeeping duties that can include shopping, domestic duties as well as elements of personal care.
- Carry out “keeping safe checks” at regular intervals to ensure the person we support is safe and comfortable.
- You will keep written records, using IT systems as required, including but not limited to updating support plans, incident logs and health and safety records.
- Creating a calm therapeutic environment for the person we support.
Whilst you will only be working nights, there is an expectation that during your induction period, and for certain training and team events, you will be required to workday shifts.
Join us and in return we can offer:
- Free DBS check
- Advance: access to some of your earned pay ahead of your regular payday
- Free financial education: access to a range of tips, videos and tools for budgeting and saving.
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme
- Access to the Blue Light Card (lots of discounts available)
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days.
- £500 bonus for recommending a friend to work for us if they’re employed.
- Paid training with financial bonuses for completion of awards and diplomas
- We’ll pay for and support you to complete the Care Certificate, a requirement for people working in the health and social care sector.
- 50% contribution to the cost of learning to drive, subject to certain criteria.
- Discounts and cashback on shopping and days out with our colleague benefits scheme
- Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce.
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training, and career development of disabled employees.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all our recruitment communications.