Support Workers - Waking Nights
Full-time or part-time
Dimensions is supporting six people to share a bungalow together. The bungalow is a registered care home service which is divided into two parts. The people we support enjoy going to day services, going on holiday, going for tea and cake and they also enjoy activities in the community. They also like cooking, gardening and enjoying time outdoors as well as Karaoke inside. Their families and friends play a big part in their lives so they also require support with maintaining those relationships.
Whether you have worked in healthcare, mental health, autism, or maybe you have a background in retail, cleaning and coaching, this could be the career for you. Dimensions recruit against values and not previous experience.
Dimensions is a leading social care provider in England and Wales, supporting people with learning disabilities and autism, and we are proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.
The role will involve
- Helping people to live the individual life they want.
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose.
- Supporting people with their medication.
- Supporting with personal care.
- Encouraging, supporting and teaching to find opportunities.
For further information, please contact Jo on 07507128781.
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that is why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here.
- 30 days annual leave entitlement, pro-rata, (including bank holidays), rising to a maximum of 35 days.
- Pension scheme, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contribution.
- Discounts and cashback on the high street and online shopping through Rewarding Dimensions.
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advice and support, also available to partners and immediate family.
- Recognition and financial bonus every five years through our Long Service Awards.
- Opportunity to purchase Simply Health, a discounted health and dental cover scheme.
- Death in service payment for a nominated beneficiary under Life Assurance.
- Bike to work scheme and season ticket loans.
- £500 recommend a friend scheme
- 50% contribution to the cost of learning to drive, subject to meeting operational and staffing criteria.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.