Support Worker/ Full time, Part-time, weekend and waking night contracts available.
Bricket Wood, St Albans
£10.00 per hour
Here at Dimensions we offer the following;
- £500 refer a friend scheme
- Competitive salary.
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days.
- Pensions, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contributions.
- An occupational sick pay scheme.
- The opportunity for flexible working
- We’ve invested to provide you with free, ongoing access to a huge range of training and support to help you develop.
- Aspire, our award-winning career development programme, will support to you to develop the skills, confidence and experience to progress your career within the Dimensions Group.
- We provide financial bonuses every five years through our Long Service Awards
- Discounts and cashback on shopping through Rewarding Dimensions. You may also benefit from a work mobile phone, our bike to work scheme, season ticket loans, and more.
We are looking for people who are thoughtful, caring and inspiring people to join our team of Support Workers in St Albans. Dimensions provide life changing support to people with learning disabilities and autism throughout England and Wales. This is your opportunity to start a career where you are genuinely changing people's lives and to join an award winning team in the process.
This position involves supporting six females and males, in a shared living environment to live an inclusive independent life. Working at this friendly, fantastic service, you can expect day to day roles and responsibilities such as;
- Helping, encouraging, supporting and teaching the people we support to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting people with their medication.
- You will help the people we support to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required
- Supporting, encouraging and teaching people to maintain personal and intimate care as required, such as dressing themselves, showering/bathing, using the toilet, etc.
A knowledge of learning disabilities and autism an advantage, however a full training package will be offered to enable you to carry out your role.
To be considered for this role you will need to hold a full UK manual driving licence.
Dimensions is about people. We are ambitious for the people we support and our colleagues. We want the people we support to have fulfilling lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us. So if you would like to be a part of our team and if you feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below - upload your CV and we will be in touch. You could soon be making a positive difference every day.
If you want more information or just an informal chat about Dimensions and the roles we have available – please contact Rosie on 0300 303 9150.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.