Location - Bromsgrove
Hourly rate - £9.14 per hour
Hours - 37.5 hours per week
Driving licence preferable
Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Bromsgrove and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
The Dimensions team supports one man and two women with learning disabilities and autism in the Catshill area of Bromsgrove and they enjoy a range of community based activities. We can offer you extensive accredited training, comprehensive induction and genuine opportunities for career progression, along with high street shopping vouchers, childcare vouchers and many more benefits.
Whether you have previously worked within Health and Social Care or are looking for a complete change of career, we at Dimensions believe that everyone has something to offer the people we support and believe that life skills, the right attitude and genuine desire to help people improve their lives is most important.
What you can expect from a Support Worker role:
- Helping people to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping people to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities.
- Help the people we support to manage their own money.
- Supporting people with their day to day travel arrangements and holidays as required.
- Supporting people with their personal and intimate care as required. This includes supporting people to use the toilet, feed and dress themselves etc.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
- Keeping some written records, using IT systems as r
- equired to help you, including support plans, financial info and health and safety records.
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate. Alongside our excellent training & qualifications programme, we also offer:
- Training time paid for
- Close-knit supportive team with excellent internal communication and regular team meetings
- Wellness programme
- No uniform and work in one location that helps you build meaningful working relationships
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Work place pension
- Access to award winning Aspire career development programme
- Employee recognition awards
- Upto 35 days annual leave
- Monthly pay on a set date
- £200 Recommend a friend bonus
- Paid shadow shifts
- Free monthly review, appraisals and feedback
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Alan Sheward on 07766087293
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.