Support Workers/Care Assistants
Bury St Edmunds
£9.50 per hour plus £37 per sleep in
Full time or part time contracts available
Full training provided- No experience necessary
We are looking for kind & caring Support Workers in Bury St Edmunds. We are supporting ten people in their own flats with all aspects of their daily life, including personal care, feeding, cooking, shopping, medical appointments and activities.
Your responsibilities as a Support Worker;
- To provide a high quality of care and support for adults with varying learning disabilities, autism, mental health and/or behaviours that challenage
- Recognising and celebrating what the person can do for themselves.
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose.
- Co-producing and designing support in partnership with the people who are being supported, their families, and their support teams. This includes developing and delivering their support plan, and reviewing the support they receive against the Dimensions values.
- Supporting people with their medication
- You will help the people we support to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping, encouraging, supporting and teaching the people we support to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting, encouraging and teaching people to maintain personal and intimate care as required, such as dressing themselves, showering/bathing, using the toilet, etc
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019, 2020 and 2021.
“Other organisations may call this role Community Support Worker, Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Care Worker, Social Care Assistant or, Bank HCA, Healthcare Assistant or Carer."
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate. Alongside our excellent training & qualifications programme, we also offer:
- Training time paid for
- Close-knit supportive team with excellent internal communication and regular team meetings
- Wellness programme
- No uniform and work in one location that helps you build meaningful working relationships
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Work place pension
- Access to award winning Aspire career development programme
- Employee recognition awards
- Upto 35 days annual leave
- Monthly pay on a set date
- Paid shadow shifts
- Free monthly review, appraisals and feedback
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Rosie Hazell on 0300 303 9150
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.