Out with the old and in with the new!
New Year, New Career!
Support Worker Vacancy in Stowmarket, Suffolk
£10.45 per hour
Full time and part time roles available- get in touch to find out more!
Dimensions are looking for positive and enthusiastic Support Workers to join our expanding number of supported living services in Stowmarket.
Why join us?
- Permanent contract
- 30 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays) and if that wasn’t enough we increase it by a day a year
- All work and no play is not fun, You can save with discounts off your favourite shops, restaurants and great days out
- Non driver? No need to worry! We understand getting to work is an expensive business. Join Dimensions and save 50% towards the cost of learning to drive (30 driving lessons, one theory and one practical test included). Once you’re on the road, you can enjoy our 10% discount at Halfords perk!
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Dimensions is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021.
Currently we have one supported living service in Stowmarket but we are looking to welcome a new service by the end of the year. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about supporting adults to increase their independent living skills whilst facilitating positive community participation.
Your responsibilities as a Support Worker;
- To provide a high quality of care and support for adults with varying learning disabilities, autism, mental health and/or behaviours that challenage
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose.
- Supporting people with their medication
- You will help the people we support to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping, encouraging, supporting and teaching the people we support to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting, encouraging and teaching people to maintain personal and intimate care as required, such as dressing themselves, showering/bathing, using the toilet, etc
Shift patterns will vary weekly and work around the people we support including 7am -3pm/2pm - 10pm/ waking nights and alternate weekends (to be discussed at interview).
“Other organisations may call this role Community Support Worker, Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Care Worker, Social Care Assistant or, Bank HCA, Healthcare Assistant or Carer.”
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Rosie Hazell on 0300 303 9150
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.