Location: St Peters, Worcester
Salary: £9.60 per hour
Full time (37.5hrs), part time (flexible) and relief hours available
If you're looking to be a part of something extraordinary - an award-winning, life-changing, not-for-profit charity - where you can make a profound and real difference to the lives of those living with learning disabilities and autism, then look no further than becoming one of our newest support worker based in Worcester where an exciting and richly rewarding career awaits!
We are very excited to be opening a brand new supported living home in St Peters, Worcester and we are looking to recruit compassionate, courageous and ambitious people who boast integrity, who champion respect and who have a genuine interest in - and a passion for - supporting others to work flexibly with us. We offer a variety of shifts and hours, and promise that no two days will be the same; each new shift will present you with inspiring opportunities to help you grow both professionally and personally whilst having a positive impact on the lives of those you support and their families.
Dimensions Support Workers do not need prior experience in Health or Social Care as full training is given.
We do have full time (37.5), part time (flexible) and relief hours available and good transport links to get to the supported living home.
The Role will involve:
- Walking and other forms of exercise
- Days trips and meals out
- Maintaining relationship with family and friends
- Going to the theatre and cinema
- Enabling independence by assisting with day-to-day tasks (this may include – but not be limited to – housekeeping, finances, shopping, cooking & personal care)
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
Benefits for Support Workers working with Dimensions include:
- A competitive payrate of £9.60 per hour
- up to 30 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
Dimensions is a values-based employer, when looking for candidates:
- We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We know that you make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their loved ones.
We believe that everyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter their background, which is why we primarily recruit based on values, not just skills or experience. So, whether you've worked in health and social care before and are looking for more fulfilment from the work you genuinely enjoy or if you're searching for a change in careers then we'd love to hear from you.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.