Full and Part time Support Worker - Driver - No Experience Necessary - Full Training Provided
We are looking forSupport Workers in Saxilby, Lincoln to join our team. You will be supporting two gentlemen and a lady aged between 24 and 53 within a supported living setting. You will need to be enthusiastic, and able to motivate in a positive way. Having a good sense of humour and the ability to use your initiative will help you succeed in this role. You will be expected to work as part of an established team and there may be some aspects of lone working at times. You will work as part of a four week rolling rota, which includes a variety of shifts including morning, afternoon, evenings and sleep-ins, this will include weekends.
The candidate must be a driver as the people we support have their own vehicle and you will be expected to drive this as part of your role.
Male staff is very much sought for this role.
What will you do:
- All aspects of their lives including personal care
- Cooking and cleaning tasks
- Attending appointments
- Administering medication
- Attending social activities like: walks to the park, swimming, days out to the coast or having a pint in a pub
There is no direct moving and handling within this service, however, you will be required to carry out some lifting tasks such as carrying shopping and putting wheelie bins out.
There is an expectation to complete training on-line using the ‘Learning Connect’ system. There is also an expectation that you will be confident in using a tablet/laptop as all of our compliance and daily records are on-line.
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisation supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, behaviours of distress and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity, apply today.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme.
- 30 days annual leave entitlement, pro-rata, (including bank holidays), rising to a maximum of 35 days.
- Pension scheme, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contribution.
- Discounts and cashback on the high street and online shopping through Rewarding Dimensions.
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advice and support, also available to partners and immediate family.
- Recognition and financial bonus every five years through our Long Service Awards.
- Opportunity to purchase Simply Health, a discounted health and dental cover scheme.
- Death in service payment for a nominated beneficiary under Life Assurance.
- Bike to work scheme and season ticket loans.
- £200 recommend a friend scheme
- 50% contribution to the cost of learning to drive, subject to meeting operational and staffing criteria. T&C apply.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled