We are RECRUITING now!
11 hours per week (1 long day or two shorter shifts)
£11.20 per hour.
A Full UK driving licence with business insurance and access to a car is essential for this role.
We are seeking to recruit a great new support worker; someone with the right values and behaviours to work in our supported living home in Watford, Hertfordshire– could this be you? We hope so!
You do not need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we are happy to collaborate with you to help you become an excellent Support Worker.
We just want someone that shares in our values which are:
- Ambition - We seek to help people reach their potential.
- Courage - We are guided by the courage of our convictions to make a difference.
- Integrity - We ensure that what we do is grounded in what we believe.
- Partnership - We work with others to achieve more for people.
- Respect - We recognise that every person’s unique contribution is valuable.
The responsibilities for this role are varied, and no two days will be the same. Duties will include;
- Supporting a gentleman with his medication.
- Supporting, encouraging, and teaching him to maintain personal and intimate care as required, such as dressing himself, showering/bathing etc.
- You will help him to shop for things he wishes to buy including his clothes and food, and to prepare his meals as required.
- Helping, encouraging, supporting, and teaching him to do housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Helping him to manage his own money.
The successful support worker will also support him to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support his health and wellbeing. Activities such as going to York to the railway museum, going to theme parks, the zoo, coffee shops and often gets tickets to all his favourite tv shows!
Shift patterns are either 10am - 9pm, 10am - 2pm or 6pm - 10pm. Alternative weekends and bank holidays are included in the working pattern.
Join us and in return we can offer:
- Free DBS check
- Advance: access to some of your earned pay ahead of your regular payday
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme
- Access to the Blue Light Card (lots of discounts available)
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days.
- £500 bonus for recommending a friend to work for us if they are employed.
- Paid training with financial bonuses for completion of awards and diplomas
- We will pay for and support you to complete the Care Certificate, a requirement for people working in the health and social care sector.
- Discounts and cashback on shopping and days out with our colleague benefits scheme
Interested? To find out more, please call 0300 303 9150 for an informal chat or complete your application below.
- Applications are reviewed upon receipt and interviews will take place until the positions are filled.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce.
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training, and career development of disabled employees.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all our recruitment communications.