Do you want a role where you make a meaningful difference to the lives on people in your community? Then join Dimensions as a Support Worker in Broadstone, Poole.
Dimensions are a leading not-for-profit provider of support to adults with learning disabilities and autism. Support Workers will work at 1 of 3 flats in a self-contained block. You will empower the independence of the people we support by enabling them to live the life that they choose.
At these flats, we support 2 ladies and 1 gentleman aged in their 30’s and 40’s. They are looking for Support Workers who will be happy to assist them with activities including:
- Going out for long walks, whatever the weather
- Trips to the Vitality Stadium to see AFC Bournemouth Play
- Days out at Tower Park to go to the cinema or Hollywood Bowl
- Trips to zoos such as Marwell and Longleat
- Theatre visits to The Mayflower (Southampton) and Poole Lighthouse
- Board game nights at home
The people at these flats want you to know that although not all of them communicate using words, they have other ways of letting you know what they want.
If you don’t have previous experience of alternative communication styles, don’t worry as Dimensions will provide all Support Workers with full training (both theory and practical) delivered by leading professionals within their field.
The people in Broadstone would be happy to meet full or part-time Support Workers. Shifts are 7.15-14.45 & 14.30-22.00. Dimensions can offer a payrate of £11.50-£12.13 per hour.
It is essential that all Support Workers hold a full UK/EU Driving License.
Support Workers may also have to assist with finances, meal preparation, personal care and moving and handling.
Benefits for Support Workers choosing to work with Dimensions include:
- We offer 30 days annual leave pro rata with the option to buy and sell leave
- If you refer a friend to us and if they’re successfully employed, you’ll receive a £500 bonus
- We offer paid training and options to further develop your career through funded accredited courses
- Bike to Work scheme and discounts on meals, shopping, entertainment, gym membership and mobile phone tariffs
- We’re a values-driven organisation that puts people with learning disabilities and their families at the heart of everything we do
- We care about our colleagues and are passionate about our comprehensive well-being strategy and staff listening network
- Dimensions are proud to be one of very few social care organisations that have been recognised by the Great Places to Work programme in 2023 (our 5th consecutive year)
Other important information:
- Applications are reviewed upon receipt and interviews will take place until the positions are filled
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from everyone with the right to work in the UK and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150 if you require adjustments
- British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos are available for all of our recruitment communications