Location: Winnersh (RG41) - 5-minute walk from Train Station
Hourly rate: £10.90 per hour
Full time role - 37.5hrs a week
If you're looking to be a part of an award-winning and life-changing oranization where you can make a profound and real difference to the lives of those living with learning disabilities and autism, then look no further than becoming one of our newest support workers.
We are looking for proactive, engaging and caring people to join our close-knit support team supporting two young gentleman in their 30's with learning disabilities and autism to live their best lives - the lives that they choose to live. They both lead very active lives - one of them likes to go out for long walks, picking up sticks and the other loves to be around people, going to musicals, parties, the zoo, and aquariums - and we hope you will share their wide interests!
Every day will be different, and rewarding, as you encourage and empower two gentleman to be actively engaged in every aspect of their daily lives – this will include supporting with activities as well as providing support with daily living skills, medication, full personal care and mobility assistance (hoisting), as required. No two days will be the same and each new shift will present you with inspiring opportunities to help you grow both professionally and personally whilst having a positive impact on the lives of those you support and their families.
It is preferable you hold a full UK or EU driving licence for this role, but not a requirement (as the people we support have a Mobility Vehicle that their support workers need to drive for them – to be able to drive a Mobility Vehicle you need to have a full UK or EU licence).
The role is 37.5hrs a week - shifts will the mixture of 7am - 2.30pm and 2.30pm - 10pm. We are looking for people with flexibility to work on a rota basis that includes a combination of weekdays and weekends.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme 2023, and you will be fully supported not just by your team colleagues, but also by your passionate manager.
Do you share our values?
Ambition - helping people to be the best they can be
Courage – being brave enough to make a difference
Integrity – being honest and fair in all the things we do
Partnership – working with other people to make a bigger difference
Respect – treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important
If the answer is YES, we would love you to come and join us in supporting three young adults. We will provide you with full induction and fully paid training when you join us. In addition to regular 1-2-1s and annual appraisals, we will help you develop and progress your career. Worried about monthly pay? We got it covered - we offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you've earned before payday.
Why to choose Dimensions?
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce
- Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled
- Dimensions is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Dimensions are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150