Support Worker, Alder Hills, Poole
Part Time (30 hours per week) - £11.50 per hour
Full UK/EU Driving License Essential
Would you like a role where you make a meaningful difference every day? Dimensions is seeking a Support Worker in the Alder Hills area of Parkstone, Poole.
Supporting 1 gentleman, aged in his 50’s who has learning disabilities, Support Workers will find themselves part of an active, household. The person we support would like to meet a part-time (30 hours per week) Support Worker who is happy to get stuck into a wide range of activities including:
- Trips to Tower Park to go to the Cinema
- 10 pin bowling at Hollywood Bowl in Branksome
- Going out for meals
- Catching up with friends
- Watching sport, especially football
The gent we support is happy to meet Support Workers have not done this type of role before and Dimensions provide all Support Workers with full training.
Shift patterns at this home are 07.00-14.30 & 14.30-22.00. Dimensions can offer Support Workers a payrate of £11.50 per hour.
As this gent has his own transport it is essential that all Support Workers hold a full UK/EU Driving License.
Support Workers may also have to assist with finances, meal preparation and personal care.
Benefits for Support Workers choosing to work with Dimensions include:
- 30 days annual leave pro rata with the option to buy and sell leave
- If you refer a friend to us and if they’re successfully employed, you’ll receive a £500 bonus
- We offer paid training and options to further develop your career through funded accredited courses
- Bike to Work scheme and discounts on meals, shopping, entertainment, gym membership and mobile phone tariffs
- We’re a values-driven organisation that puts people with learning disabilities and their families at the heart of everything we do
- We care about our colleagues and are passionate about our comprehensive well-being strategy and staff listening network
- Dimensions are proud to be one of very few social care organisations that have been recognised by the Great Places to Work programme in 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022
Other important information:
- Applications are reviewed upon receipt and interviews will take place until the positions are filled
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from everyone with the right to work in the UK and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150 if you require adjustments
- British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos are available for all of our recruitment communications