An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Support Worker to join a new team based in Stowmarket, Suffolk.
- Full and part time positions available.
- £12.10 per hour / earn up to £30,177.01.
- Full UK driving licence essential
What is the role of Support Worker?
Dimensions are a supported living provider in Stowmarket, Suffolk, supporting one gentleman in his mid-20’s with learning disability, autism, and behaviours of distress. This gentleman enjoys an active lifestyle, he currently enjoys going swimming and to the gym but has previously enjoyed horse riding. He loves playing on his Xbox and supporting his favourite team, Chelsea!
We have an ambitious and valued driven staff team who are appropriately trained and committed to life-long learning, to provide support on a person- centred approach.
As a Support Worker, you will be positively impacting the life of this young gentleman. To succeed, you will need to get to know the gentleman’s needs and contribute to the development of his person-centred plan, always seeking to meet his needs and wants.
You will also need to complete all documentation as required (including updating support plans), along with maintaining a friendly and professional approach even when managing behaviours of distress demonstrated by the individual.
Previous experience in Autism, Learning Disability and behaviours of distress would be beneficial. However, there may be other skills and experiences that make you suitable for the role. Here is what we’re looking for:
- You can develop, with our support, motivating and enabling skills – for example, you can set challenging goals and can assist a person you support in making informed choices.
- You’re willing to work with people who require additional support because of behaviour that is challenging.
- You’re able to communicate clearly, adapting what you say and how you say it so that each person can understand you.
- You’re able to work flexibly and to respond effectively to changes in workload and the needs of the people we support.
- You can develop positive working relationships with all those involved with Dimensions – including those we support, families, carers, internal colleagues, and external agencies.
- You can be open minded and have a flexible and adaptable attitude/personality.
- You will have an ability and willingness to understand and manage behaviours of distress and have a range of de-escalation techniques.
Our benefits can be worth up to £1,220 per year.
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days.
- 10% enhancement for working overtime.
- We’ll pay for and support you to complete the Care Certificate, a requirement for people working in the health and social care sector.
- Salary advance scheme: access to some of your earned pay ahead of your regular payday
- Discounts on shopping and days out.
- Blue light card
- Free DBS
- £500 bonus for introducing a friend to us, if we employ them.
- Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce.
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.