Location: Wokingham (10min walk from the Hospital)
Pay rate: £10.90 per hour + £45 per sleep in
Full time role - 37.5hrs a week
Full UK/EU driving license is required for this role
Are you looking for the role that is personally fulfilling, and professionally rewarding? Dimensions is proud on being a values-based employer and whether you are new to support work, or have supported people previously, we want to hear from you!
We are looking to recruit compassionate, courageous and ambitious support workers who boast integrity, champion respect and have a genuine interest in - and a passion for - supporting others. No two days will be the same and each new shift will present you with inspiring opportunities to help you grow both professionally and personally whilst having a positive impact on the lives of those you support and their families.
You will be working as a part of a team supporting three gentleman in their 40's & 50's in their own home. Each gentleman has a very active life and enjoys going out for activities - kayaking, going for a drive, bowling or taking a day trip to the seaside.
You will be supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, food shopping and laundry, full personal care, manual handling (both hoist and wheelchair) and administering medication (understanding about epilepsy and stoma care would be a big bonus although training will be provided).
It is essential you hold a full UK/EU driving license for this role (the people we support have a Mobility Vehicle that their support workers need to drive for them – to be able to drive a Mobility Vehicle you need to have a full UK/EU license).
Shift patterns: 7am - 3pm / 2pm - 10pm / long day 7am - 10pm / sleep in (required two sleep ins a week). We’re looking for people with flexibility to work on a rota basis that includes a combination of weekdays and weekends.
Do you share our values?
Ambition - helping people to be the best they can be
Courage – being brave enough to make a difference
Integrity – being honest and fair in all the things we do
Partnership – working with other people to make a bigger difference
Respect – treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important
If the answer is YES, we would love you to come and join us in supporting three gentleman. We will provide you with full induction and fully paid training when you join us. In addition to regular 1-2-1s and annual appraisals, we will help you develop and progress your career. Worried about monthly pay? We got it covered - we offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you've earned before payday.
Why to choose Dimensions?
- We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce
- Dimensions is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Dimensions are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150
- Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme - 5 years on the row!