- We’re hiring – Join our team in 2024!
- Support Worker
- £12.32 per hour/ Earn up to £30,688 per annum.
- Full UK driving licence with own car essential.
Become a Support Worker and make a real difference.
- Experience needed.
- Paid Training and support given.
- Rewarding new career opportunities
- Full- time, part time & weekend positions available.
- Guaranteed hours of employment.
We are supporting three women and one gentleman in their own home in Harston where we provide personalised social care services. This is a FANTASTIC opportunity for an experienced, fun, energetic and optimistic Support Worker to join our friendly team!
Becoming a support worker at Dimensions, you can expect day trips out! The people we support enjoy swimming, art therapy, massages, socialising with family and friends, meals out, going to the Friday night club and going on holiday, often to UK caravan parks. We are also seeking staff who bring creativity and innovative ideas into our teams to help expand their activities and get them embedded into their routine.
We take every opportunity to support people to live the lives they want so there can be elements of driving, either mobility vehicle or your own car, to support people to their chosen activities.
Additionally, your role will be to encourage independence with their personal and intimate care, provide encouragement, prompts and support to complete tasks within the home, mobility support (including overhead hoists) and guidance to support with maintaining a healthy diet. This will include meal planning, shopping for healthy food items and support with PEG feeding.
This position will include working on a two-week rolling rota. Shift times can be 7:30am -3pm / 2:30pm-10pm / 7:30am-10pm, sleep ins and alternative weekends. This will be discussed with you during the interview process.
Join us and in return we can offer:
- Free DBS check
- Advance: access to some of your earned pay ahead of your regular payday
- Free financial education: access to a range of tips, videos and tools for budgeting and saving.
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme
- Access to the Blue Light Card (lots of discounts available)
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days.
- £500 bonus for recommending a friend to work for us if they are employed.
- Paid training with financial bonuses for completion of awards and diplomas.
- We will pay for and support you to complete the Care Certificate, a requirement for people working in the health and social care sector.
- Discounts and cashback on shopping and days out with our colleague benefits scheme
Search #wearedimensions or @dimensionsUK to find out why Dimensions are one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work programme.
- Applications are reviewed upon receipt and interviews will take place until the positions are filled.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce.
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training, and career development of disabled employees.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all our recruitment communications.