Come and support three fantastic adults in 2024! We have an exciting Support worker opportunity available in Stowmarket.
- Part time hours available ( 7 - 27 hours per week available)
- £11.00 per hour/ Earn up to £27,617.74 per annum.
- Valid UK driving licence essential.
We are recruiting one great new support worker; someone with the right values and behaviours to work with us in Stowmarket, Suffolk. Could this be you? We hope so!
If you’re looking to inject some fun into your career, then come and join our team of Support Workers. Dimensions are supporting three fantastic adults to live as independently. They have a variety of hobbies and interests that are important to them as individuals, but they also have a shared love for films, cooking, board games, playing pool and socialising with friends at day centre.
Full training on how to provide exceptional person-centred support will be provided, so if you’ve ever considered becoming a Support Worker but you weren’t sure where to start, this would be a fantastic opportunity!
What will I be doing?
- Encourage and empower the people we support to live their best lives - the lives that they choose. You will achieve this by being active - and enthusiastically - involved in every aspect of their daily lives.
- Recognising and celebrating what the person can do for themselves.
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose.
- Supporting people with their medication.
- You will help the people we support to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping, encouraging, supporting, and teaching the people we support to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families, and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
- Supporting, encouraging, and teaching people to maintain personal and intimate care as required, such as dressing themselves, showering/bathing, using the toilet, etc.
We want you to develop professionally as a support worker. This means that you are expected to get involved and contribute to meetings, work towards gaining qualifications about your work, attend training courses and be willing to learn new things and ways of working.
Be prepared to work flexibly. Shifts will vary around the people we support. The main shift patterns are 7am-9am (Monday to Friday) and 3pm-10pm followed by a sleep in and/or 8am-10pm, 8am-3pm, every other weekend and the occasional bank holiday. All applicants must be willing to commit to at least 1 sleep in shift per week.
Our sector-leading package of colleague benefits really builds up... Your benefits can be worth up to £1,220 per year.
- A competitive pay rate with uplift for overtime you chose to work.
- 30 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Life Assurance and Company Pension
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us.
- We offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you've earned before payday.
- Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
- As disability-confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment toward the employment, retention, training, and career development of disabled employees.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments, we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all our recruitment communications.